* Fear. It's alive and well. Actually, not quite fear yet. Anxiety. Nervousness. See, they have been cutting hours for technicians at Corey's company. There's just not enough work right now. Until today, he has escaped unscathed. He's actually had quite a bit of overtime the past few weeks. This morning, they told him to come in an hour late. This afternoon, they told him he has tomorrow "off". This could pass, or this could be only the beginning of a disasterous decline. It's scary, though. The worst part of being a SAHM? The helplessness. The dependency. The inability to bring in some money to help alleviate some of the stress on your husband. (BTW, I am very open to keeping a working mother's child for extra income, I just have to find the child!)
* Maddie was on the toilet and asked me why I have lines on my knees. I told her they were wrinkles and I have them because I am old. She reached for my knees from her sitting position on the toilet and said "I will rub them out."
* Maddie said at dinner "thank you for this meal" again, only this time I admit I only served hot dogs. Hmm. I cook that bad?
* I admit that I am only watching American Idol this season so I can see Steven Tyler.
* I love 5. Taylor is 90% wanting to please me and make me happy, and only 10% naughty. You can't ask for more than that.
* My husband rocks. Seriously.
* The songs I have to sing to Maddie before she will go to sleep at night are Jingle Bells, Silent Night, a long-added-on-to-version of The Barney Song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.
* Every night after I finish singing and leave the room, Maddie starts forcing out coughs and calling "Mommy I'm siiiiiicccckkk." "No, you are not." Cue more forced coughing, and around and around we go.
* I'm well aware that this new blog design is ugly. The previous one stopped loading, so I had to set up a new one, and I can't get it right. I finally got so frustrated that I just threw this up (literally. ha.) and will fix it when I feel like trying again.