Sunday, January 17, 2010

This Weekend

This weekend feels "off"...weird... and most of all lonely. I know why, of course. My two oldest kids are in Colorado with their father. Brittany has a gymnastics meet (have I mentioned that my oldest is a superb gymnast? Seriously, we're talkin' headin' to the Olympics one day!) and I miss them terribly.


Looking at these 3 beloved faces helps, though.


I just wanted to take a minute to sing the praises of my almost-4 year old daughter. This girl has turned a corner. She has morphed from a "terror" into a pleasant young lady. 90% of the time, she listens to directions (and even follows them!), smiles, sings, says please and thank you, gives hundreds of hugs and kisses a day, and is extremely helpful. Fits are few and far between (and if you know her IRL, this is HUGE). She is polite and behaves in public.

I'm afraid the "bug" jumped from her and landed solidly on Madison. My sweet, delightful baby seems to have hit the terrible twos 10 months early.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,
    I'm sorry to hear that Brittany and Cameron are so far away this weekend, but I hope they are having a great time!! And that crazy about Maddie acting up - I almost can't even picture it! What you wrote about Taylor - how sweet! And seriously, her hugs and kisses are the most endearing things on the planet. You are blessed with exceptional children - you are exceptional!!...and I'd have to say I am pretty fond of my brother too! I wish Brittany success in her gymnastics. I used to do that too when I was younger and I know having support from your family - especially your parents means so much. Way too brag on all of them - I hope you and Corey can have some down time, you busy thing you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that my 4-almost-5-year-old has recently turned the same corner! It is like he is finally a human being again! And just like you, the bug has now landed on my newly-3-year-old.

    I can't imagine how hard it is to have to be separated from your kiddos! I hope they are back soon!

    ReplyDelete