Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not Me! Monday


Not Me Monday, born of our desire to be real, to be honest, to be ourselves, without having to actually admit to all the crazy, scary, funny, sometimes humiliating things we do as mothers.

When I walked into the room and found my darling youngest in the precarious position, I most certainly did not run to grab my camera instead of immediately moving her to safety. Not me!

Of course a nearly-four year old child should be able to dress themselves. But I would never allow my daughter to choose her own outfit, and then actually let her embarass herself myself by wearing the outfit she put together all day long. Nope, not me!


As a mother, one of the most important skills we must have is the ability to remain calm, at all times. To let the little things go, and not overreact. There is no way on God's green earth I would completely lose it over a shattered eyeshadow. When Maddie grabbed my favorite eyeshadw out of my makeup drawer this morning, then promptly threw it to the floor causing it to break into ten thousand tiny pieces, I certainly did not yell, scream, cry, and throw a fit like a 2 year old. I mean, come on, it is a $3 eyeshadow. Who would lose their cool over that? Not me.

Would you like to play? Fill us in on the foibles of your day? Head on over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ and join the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment