Friday, November 12, 2010

Maddie Is Two...And Acting It

Today is Madison's actual birthday. Since her birthday party was on Sunday she had already opened her presents, but I saved a couple for today. A girl has to have something to open on her official birthday day. Wouldn't you know that the cheap spinning light toy she opened up today would be the favorite of them all.

And to celebrate Maddie turning two, here are two Maddieisms. They are real gems.

~"Your boobies are sticking out. Put on a towel." (I had just gotten out of the shower)

~"You know my happy birthday? Taylor don't give it back." (She was referring to the light spinner thing)

I can't believe that the last baby I'll ever have is no longer a baby. That thought simultaneously makes me sad and happy. A whole new phase of our lives is upon us. Goodbye baby years, hello teenage years (ack..how do I have a tween? I'm too young.). Fortunately, the loss of the wonderful things having a baby includes--constant snuggles, toothless grins, first laughes, tiny feet, amazing milestones, rocking--is replaced by equally awesome things--the return of a social life, alone time, using the bathroom in private, more sleep, more money (goodbye diapers and baby paraphernalia), and alone time with your husband (wink wink).

Happy Birthday Madison!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute!!! Please give her hugs from all of us. Can't wait to see you all.

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete