Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to take a moment and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I have been baking up a storm. I don't mind bragging that I have managed to become quite a competent cook, however baking/desserts are not my strength. So why did I volunteer to handle the desserts this year? Who knows. Last night I made a pumpkin cheesecake, and this morning I baked an apple crisp. I'm not sure how the cheesecake will turn out as I've never made one, and you know there is a lot of room for error on that one. That is why I went with the apple crisp for the second one. Hard to mess up, that one is. I hope. It's in the oven right now. In a few hours we will be heading to my Mom's house.
Just a few things I am thankful for this year:
~four healthy children
~one supportive, sweet, affectionate, hard-working, unconditional-loving husband
~plenty of work available for my husband despite the economic uncertainty
~all extended family
~the ability this year to look back at the year and feel with complete certainty that we are a stronger family in a better place than this time last year

Have a great day all!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Hope you have a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete