Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why I've Gained 3 Pounds This Week

Remember the stuffed peppers I told you about awhile ago? They were such a hit around here that I didn't hesitate when I found a variation on that recipe in Redbook this month. I made a few changes myself to the actual recipe in Redbook, and Corey said he actually liked these even better than the green pepper recipe. These are the differences:
-italian sausage instead of ground beef (the Redbook recipe called for italian chicken sausage)
-red peppers instead of green, sliced halfwise and laid flat, instead of leaving the pepper whole and filling it
-marinara sauce instead of canned diced tomatoes and worchestire
-mozzarella instead of cheddar, though the inside of the pepper is still sprinkled with parmesan (also sprayed pepper with olive oil spray)
-the filling had scallions and oregano
These were very, very good. Since the peppers were sweet, I used sweet sausage and a sweet marinara sauce as well.

On Monday night I also used a Redbook recipe, one for crab and shrimp quesadillas. Once again, these looked better in person before I cut them and stacked them up! They had cheddar and monterey jack, sour cream, pico de gallo, corn, shrimp and lump crabmeat. I served black beans and extra sour cream and pico on the side. The girls loved them, especially Taylor.


If I keep cooking like this, those jeans I have been so excited to wear will not fit any longer. Fat and happy, that's what we'll be!

2 comments:

  1. Funny story.....We had those same peppers from the same magazine last week. Great minds and all that! The quesadillas look totally yummy. May have to try that recipe, too :)

    My hubby heads that way in a week :( I will miss him for the 3 weeks we'll be apart. Maybe he can come see y'all after he gets settled.

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete