Friday, October 8, 2010

I borrowed this quote from Redbook magazine. I even have it posted on the fridge, and reread it several times a week. This quote really spoke to me, so I wanted to share it with you.

"Love the life you lead. That doesn't mean walking around with a smile plastered on your face; it just means that at the end of the day, when you stack it all up, there are moments of joy, laughter, and love that define who you are."~Nate Berkus

How true is that? After I read that quote, I actually felt relief. Here's why--I have moments where I want to pull my hair out, I'm frustrated, unhappy, resentful, sad, irritated. When I have these feelings, they are immediately followed by feelings of guilt. How many working mothers out there would give their eyeteeth to be able to stay home with their young children? I want to feel like I love my life, yet I have these feelings so I must not, right? Wrong. At least I now I think so. Loving my life doesn't mean I am happy every single second. Because I'm not. But I do. And that, my friends, is a good thing to realize.

2 comments:

  1. Nice quote! I may not be happy EVERY DAY of my life, but I'd definitely say I'm more than happy WITH my life. Wouldn't trade my hubby for the world and our children really are the best of both of us. Yeah, I'd say I'm blessed and life is good :-)

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true...Husband and I always try to recap our "cute moments" with the Crazies and then we spill all of the shit that almost made us commit child abuse! Good thing they're cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete