Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful

This post is a day late, maybe a dollar short, but necessary none the less. This year, I am thankful for just about my whole life. But to stop there feels like a cop-out, so I will make this list, mainly for myself so that I can look back on it on a future rough day. You know, remind myself why I am so amazingly blessed when I feel gloomy.

*I am thankful for a man who loves me, holds me, nurtures me, takes care of me despite my bountiful flaws.
*I am thankful for 4 healthy, happy children who came to me easily, when I know that so many women out there struggle just to build their families.
*I am thankful that I can stay home with my girls, instead of paying somebody else to mother them throughout the day.
*I am thankful for a mom who loves me and never abandons me, despite what I have put her through over the years.
*I am thankful for a father who I can no longer hug, but who is in my heart still. I am surely blessed to have had this man teach me responsibility, respectability, honor, and forgiveness--traits I am finding in my own husband.
*I am thankful my husband still has a job in this crazy economy, and that while things are quite tight, we are in no danger of losing the roof over our heads or going without.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment