Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's A Beautiful Morning

These girls are, without a doubt, morning people. Maddie especially, since she wakes up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed every. single. day. This is the genetic influence of their father. I do not like to wake up, and tend to be quite grumpy in the morning. But it never lasts, because as soon as I open this girl's door, and see this smiling face on this exhuberant little person, I can't help but smile too.

I envy children this. They wake up each day, excited about the new day, thinking only of the new things they get to do and learn. They are not plagued with fear and doubts, with worries about yesterday and tomorrow. They know only of today.


Maddie had her 12 month well check this past week, and the doctor said she is above the curve in both motor skills and intellectual development. I knew she was smart, but wow is it fantastic to have that rather biased opinion collaborated by a medical professional!! We also went ahead and gave her the H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccinations. I know there is some disagreement out there about the swine flu vaccine, but I have always been strongly in favor of vaccines. Protect them where we can, I say, since there are so many things we can't protect them from (heartbreak, teasing..."metal mouth", anyone??).

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I envy them too and it always puts me in a better mood when I see how happy they are to start their day! Good for you for even finding the h1n1...we only did the first dose so far, but it is the best decision for us too.

    ReplyDelete