Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Epic Fail

MRI: Ummm, no freakin' way. I know I am extremely claustrophobic. Ridiculously so. The radiologist made it as far as pulling that metal head cage thing (have no idea what it's called) down over my head before I bolted. I didn't even make it into the tube. I mean, I got really upset. I could tell she was irritated with me. She tried bringing Corey into the room with me, putting a rag over my eyes and headphones with music over my ears. The whole way home, I kept imagining that tube and my heart would speed up. Now I have to reschedule, in a partially open one (thank heavens), with medicine to help me relax (thank heavens). A waste of time for everyone involved, and I feel bad about that. But jeez, it freaked me out.

On a brighter note, this is Greta. She was abandoned, so we rescued her. She's the sweetest, most affectionate kitten ever. I particularly love her checkerboard face. If you look closesly at the first two pictures, you can see it.









2 comments:

  1. Precious kitten!!! And I'm so sorry to hear about the MRI - I totally don't agree that it was an epic failure. I can't even sit through that eye test where they blow air at you... talk about irritating the techs! Now they just send me somewhere where the doctor can poke my numb eye.... much better then the terrifying episode(s) of the puff-air machine. I hate that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!

    Hey, you tried...as a claustrophobic myself, I know those machines are pure torture...it's mind over matter. I still get freaked when I have a facial and they put those heavenly little pads over my eyes...freaked!

    ReplyDelete