Thursday, April 8, 2010

At least every other day for the past several weeks, Taylor has repeatedly asked me "when Bubba and Sissy are coming home". Her older brother and sister have been quite busy recently, so we have been seeing much less of them. I can't imagine how it will be when they become teenagers, with an even busier social life! At almost 9 and 11, they already have a more active social life than I do. Though that's not hard, my dog beats me on that score too. Anyway, more often than not, when Taylor asks me this question, she breaks out in tears. More often than not, I follow suit. Can someone with older children please tell me when you come to accept that your children would rather be with their friends and doing their activities than with you? I know it is normal, healthy even, but we still miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment