Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ready for a New Day

Do you see the new bible verse in my upper left corner? When I found it this morning, I realized that God must be trying to tell me something. (that seems redundant, I mean of course He is trying to tell us something with the bible!) Anyway, yesterday was a bit of a tough day. Well, truth be told it was a monster of a day. I won't bore you with the details, let's just say that yesterday was one of those days that make you question being a SAHM. Question being a mother period. But today I have to haul myself up by my boot straps, because whether or not I feel like I am a good mother, I am the only mother these little girls have, and they need me. "Be truly glad, there is wonderful joy ahead." I know this is true, I know there are many, many exciting, joyful things to look forward to. My husband coming home from work. A new car. A lunch out with a friend. Another beautiful painting to hang on my wall (my Christmas present came yesterday, more on that later!). A new pair of jeans. Maddie's next belly laugh. Taylor starting school. Seeing my Dad again in heaven. I could go on and on, but I have yogurt to clean up now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - reading that just put the biggest smile on my face. :) Love ya, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete