Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Daughter

I mentioned awhile back that Taylor has morphed from a wild, obnoxious opinionated and stubborn 3 year old into a sweet, helpful, happy child who listens and follows directions at least 80% of the time.
Last night I was laying on the couch, watching "Biggest Loser" (yes, I lay on the couch while I watch that show, and usually I am eating dessert too), when Taylor came out of her room for like the nine thousandth time since Corey put her to bed. The following conversation ensued...

Taylor: "I want to do you a favor."

Me: "Huh? What?"

Taylor: "I want to do you a favor."

Me: "Uhhh you want to do me a favor?"

Taylor: "Yes!"

And with that she looked around the living room for a few seconds, then ran to the baby wipes box and picked it up, then carried it into my room and put it on the table where it is usually stored.

Say what??!

And with that, she broke into a huge grin, and ran off down the hall to her own room. Sweet? Uh, just a little!

After thinking about this some, I realized that I am always asking her to do things for me (like get me a diaper, put this in the trash, hand me this or pick up that) and I usually preface it with "do me a favor and..."

She is really quite inventive in her "reasons" for coming out of her room after being tucked into bed for the night. I have heard "what's your name?" before, in addition to the usual "I'm thirsty" and "I need to go potty". Also "I am being quiet in my room and you are being too loud Mommy". This may have just been another reason to postpone going to sleep. I choose to go the other way and say, what a sweet, sweet girl to want to help her mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously - that's adorable! I'd definately go with her just being cute and sweet and wanting to do you a favor.

    ReplyDelete